Back in 2003, I read and studied the book Kingdom Authority (Adrian Rogers) with someone who means more to me than the word “friend” can even describe. I truly discovered the Lord, with her by my side, and so she will always have a special place in my heart and in my walk with Christ.
What in the world does Kingdom Authority mean? I had no idea at the time, but I bought the book and I trusted my friend.
Dictionary.com defines it as:
By the book title, it probably means God’s in charge, right? Okay, that’s cool. I knew that.
Oh my goodness…I DID NOT know that. Not even close.
Through that study, my eyes were opened to spiritual warfare, but also to the powerful authority that resides in me – and you – from the Holy Spirit through our faith in Jesus Christ.
We have power.
It’s better than “wonder-twin-powers activate!”
At age 28, I was finally understanding a realm that existed where I needed to learn to fight for my family, my friends, even strangers – and for the Kingdom.
I had no idea.
I started to change the tagline for this blog to, “Music, Movies and Mercy,” because I can’t seem to write anything without a soundtrack or visuals.
From THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA: THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE:
The White Witch (or Satan): “I have no interest in prisoners. Kill them all.”
Son of Adam: “Are you with me?”
Soldier of Aslan (of Christ): “To the death”
Our Adversary has many layers of strategy and demonic attacks, but we can be confident in the Kingdom Authority that Jesus Christ has already defeated death…has already defeated Satan…and sin and evil cannot overcome the power of the Holy Spirit within us.
If you are a Christian, then you have two choices.
Those are the same two choices I have after reading this.
I Am A Soldier
I Am A Deserter
This is not a draft for service.
We volunteer. Wholeheartedly.
Precious friends, there is just no in-between area in this matter.
We are at war for eternity.
Don’t get so distracted by media wars and social uprisings on earth that your eyes are diverted from the cross of Jesus Christ…from the souls of every person around you.
Your rank and position were set in motion the day you gave your life to Him and the battle we’re in is a spiritual one.
Fight the good fight of faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.
1 Timothy 6:12
Yes, some days we might be in the medical tent. Don’t stay there. Get back up. Keep moving. Jesus made it all the way to his own death by crucifixion. We should come alongside one another as we stumble and gasp for breath, taking up our own cross to follow Him.
Has he not commanded us?
“Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”
The enemy wants you to think this is intimidating, but the Bible says to think on things that are true (Philippians 4:8). I’ve put together some TRUTH verses below for our journey.
However, you must read this for yourself to fully understand God’s plan. Satan has been a master at taking the very scripture we should be using against him, and twisting it into society so that God is the one who appears to be the enemy.
Get a one-year Bible. Get a reading plan on a app. Get a friend and set out together, but do something.
Please do not speak for our God when you do not know what He said…from beginning to end. I can say this because I once did this. More than once. I am ashamed of what I often quoted and said in my early twenties when I had hardly cracked my Bible past John 3:16 and Philippians 4:13.
Pray for guidance from the Spirit to help you understand, and for mentors to provide wise counsel.
Suit up. Go.
- He will renew your strength (Isaiah 40:31)
- He is faithful and ready heal (Psalm 103:3, Psalm 147:3)
- He gives us rest for our souls (Matthew 11:28-30, Exodus 33:14)
- He will make our sleep peaceful and sweet (Psalm 4:8, Proverbs 3:24)
- His faithfulness is a shield and rampart (Psalm 91:1-5)
- He provides nourishment for the journey ahead (1 Kings 19:3-9)
- He has given us AUTHORITY to tread over all the power of the enemy (Luke 10:19)
- He warns us that the enemy comes to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10)
- He alerts us that our enemy is like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour, but to resist him, standing firm in the faith (1 Peter 5:8-9)
- He says not to be overcome with evil, but overcome evil with good (Romans 12:21)
- He reminds us not to grow weary, for we will reap a harvest if we don’t give up (Galatians 6:9)
- He is faithful and will strengthen you, and protect you from the evil one (2 Thessalonians 3:3)
- He declares that we are more than conquerors through Jesus Christ (Romans 8:37)
- He is greater (within us) than the one trying to rule this world (1 John 4:4)
- He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear, but will provide a way out, so that you can endure it (1 Corinthians 10:13)
- He gives us weapons to demolish anything that sets itself against the knowledge of God; He tells us how to battle for the mind (2 Corinthians 10:3-5)
- He reminds us it isn’t by might or power, but by His Spirit, says the Lord (Zechariah 4:6)
- He does not slumber or sleep, but always watches over us (Psalm 121:3-4)
- He has already overcome this world (John 16:33, 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Isaiah 35:3-6)
He says that NO WEAPON formed against you will prosper and any tongue that accuses you in judgment HE will condemn; this is the heritage of the servants of the Lord.
The Whole Armor of God
A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.
For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.
Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.
Stand your ground, putting on the belt of truth and the body armor of God’s righteousness.
For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News so that you will be fully prepared.
In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.
Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Pray in the Spirit at all times and on every occasion. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all believers everywhere.
And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike.
Pray for Spiritual Vision
He can open our eyes to the unseen hosts of heaven that outnumber any adversary that seeks to come against the Kingdom of God.
2 Kings 6:15-17
When the servant of the man of God got up and went out early the next morning, an army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city. “Oh no, my lord! What shall we do?” the servant asked.
“Don’t be afraid,” the prophet answered. “Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.”
And Elisha prayed, “Open his eyes, Lord, so that he may see.” Then the Lord opened the servant’s eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.
If do not read or watch anything else…watch this, and then decide what action you will take in the army of the Most High God.